Private school, public school, international school? The choice can be very difficult. Maybe you have already made up your mind or are still trying to find the right answer for your family. This is not an easy task, as there are several paths leading to higher education.
The heaviness of choosing the best education may make you wonder: are international schools worth it? These are valid concerns—you want to make sure your children will be happy and build the best future for them. Here are 7 reasons that just may convince you why international
schools are definitely worth a look!
- International schools prepare your child for the future In the past, international schools were reserved for the children of expatriates and diplomats. Today, they are an excellent alternative for parents who want to prepare their children to live and work in an increasingly globalized world. The Bavarian International School (BIS) in Munich is an International Baccalaureate (IB) world school, founded to give all students the opportunity to receive an education to become global citizens and future game changers.
- International schools understand the importance of giving individual attention to each child. International schools define themselves more as pathfinders, sources of inspiration and knowledge for like-minded families. They tend to equip students with all the fundamental skills and knowledge they need to choose their own path to excellence. And international schools are more aware that the best way to learn is not necessarily in a classroom. This is why international schools promote learning through practical experience and reflection. International education offers a unique learning environment. International education offers a unique learning environment.
- You can send your child every morning to a caring, multicultural community. A child spends almost as much time at school as at home. A caring community, where your child feels good about themselves and learns that they can change the world, is just as important as the basic school curriculum. To emphasize again, international schools offer more than just a curriculum. They integrate intercultural competence, as well as collaborative and inspiring learning. They teach respect, social responsibility and resilience.
- A global education opens the door to a global and technological world Global citizens need critical thinking skills and technological literacy to participate in the worldwide community of learners. International schools are designed to be effective and conductive learning environments; classrooms and laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art educational technology. Schools like Bavarian International School offer
device programs, deep learning, and technologically trained teachers and staff to integrate technology into daily practices, teaching, and learning. International schools prepare students to become global citizens. International
- Your child will feel the international spirit Chrissie Sorenson, Head of School at BIS. Students, Teachers, and staff from all across the globe gather together in the pursuit of knowledge and personal growth and form a community of enriching diversity.